Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Unintended (30M2DoW: Day 13)

I have a hard time thinking of my former spouse as "my ex."  I think I'd prefer to call him "my unintended".

After all, I intended to stay married until one of us was dead.  I was from the old school, where you just didn't get divorced.  Nobody in my family was divorced.  Divorce was what "other people" did.  I couldn't imagine not being with my husband.

Until one day he simply wasn't there anymore.

Now, almost ten years later, I have a hard time remembering why we stayed together for so long.  (Nearly 30 years if you count the time we lived together before we got married.) The person I fell in love with was long gone.  Not what I intended, but it happened.

"Unintended" suits him now.

Oops.... sorry!  That was unintended.

* * * * * * * *

To check out who intends to stay in this writing challenge, go check things out over at CheesyMike and Nicky's place.



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails