Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Haven (30M2DoW: Day 6)

Haven?  There is no haven from this interminable exercise in futility, also known as "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing".

My haven most days is what Vlad and I lovingly refer to as "The Crap Shack".  As of two months ago, it's actually paid for.  Yes, I am officially a home owner with no pesky mortgage.  It may be a crap shack, but it's now MY crap shack.


Even so, I do have a couple of havens to fall back on when I want a respite from the daily grind... and the endless "lake effect snow" in the winter.


Less than two months until I get to ditch this place for warmer climes.  Thank goddess for sisters who live in Florida so I don't have to!  Great in the winter, but get me back to New York for the summer. I don't like to sweat!

* * * * * * * * *

Now, if you want to see what other safe havens people have found, wander on over to the Cheese Shack.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails