Sunday, February 24, 2013

Confucius (30M2DoW: Day 24)


We were tooling down the Adirondack Northway toward Montreal.  Eolist Petite was on her fifth cup of Eolist Blend,  Max was up front at the wheel, and Indigo was sitting cross-legged on the bed at the back of the caravan.  I had been online, catching up on what absurdities everyone had posted late in the day on the "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" challenge.

When I looked up, I noticed Indigo had grown quite a substantial beard since we'd left Rochester and his hairline appeared to be receding.  Curious, but not so much once you get to know him.  His three piece suit had been exchanged for a looser dressing gown in a similar shade of greyish blue.


Eolist happened to look up at the same time.  "What's with the top knot, Indigo?" she asked.

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there."

"Antiquity... that must be why you seem to be aging so rapidly," added Max.  "Although, I'm a little confused about why you're starting to look like Chow Yun Fat."

"They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom."

"Well, I'm still confused about why we couldn't use the time machine to zap us up to Montreal instead of having to take the long way around," whined Dufus.  "I could have gotten there faster if I'd driven myself."

"Where did you come from?" I asked.  (Silly me... I should know better than to have to ask those kinds of questions when I'm in such illustrious company.)

"I have no idea," said Dufus.  "Thing One and Thing Two were running around the house and I said something about rather being in Bedlam and now here I am."

"By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

"Then I must definitely be out of practice," replied Dufus.

"Are we there yet," asked Eolist.  "I really have to pee."

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

As I looked around this bizarre group of companions, I realized that we were nothing if not full of heart.  Yes, it was going to be a great weekend.

* * * * * * * * * 

As we draw closer to Montreal, we draw a little closer to the end of the "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" challenge.  So time is of the essence... hurry on over to check out who else is channeling the wisdom of Confucius in today's prompt.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails