Friday, March 26, 2010

Photo Meme

This past week a couple of blogger friends, Linda from The Good, The Bad and The Worse, and Lyn over at Once Upon A..., tagged me in a fun foto meme.  The idea is to pull up the first photo file you come to, scroll down to the tenth picture, then post it with a description of what it is and where it was taken.  Sounded like a fun game for a Friday night, so I decided to play along.  Here's what popped up:


These two fine lads happen to be my son, Vlad, and my brother-in-law, Sven.  It was taken at my parents' home in Florida last March.  It was a rather auspicious event as it was the first time my entire family had been together for a meal in 23 years.  Yes, you heard me correctly... 23 years.  During the intervening decades we've been spread out between Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Missouri, Florida and New York.  Consequently, as a group, we never quite made it to the same place at the same time.  My parents were delighted to finally have us all together. 

What was amazing was that we picked up right where we left off.   We were all on our best behavior, (for us,) and we managed to make it through the event without anyone being grounded or sent to their room.  Of course, Vlad and I didn't have a room to go to, so that might explain things.  Nonetheless, we all had a lovely time.

So what are we waiting for?  Let's do it again in another 23 years!  DP, anybody?

*          *          *          *          *          *

As for who to tag next... I hereby award this meme to the first five people to comment who have not already been tagged! 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails