Sunday, January 31, 2010

The World's Longest List of Questions Award

So, I got all excited because good ole Indigo gave me a Best Follower award... isn't it cool?


But then, like... I look to see what the requirements are for accepting the award and I notice there are the usual questions.... and questions... and more questions... and then even more questions.  WTF?  How many questions can there be?  Well, I finally made it to the bottom of the list and there were 41 of them!  This should really be called...

The World's Longest List of Questions Award

I mean, seriously!  That's enough questions to keep me busy from now until next October!  But, since I'll do anything to get some attention and I don't have anything better to do on a Sunday morning....   

1. What is your current obsession?
Uhhh... probably blogging.  And Dr Pepper, of course.  Blogging while drinking Dr Pepper!  Yay!

2. What are you wearing today?
Jeans, t-shirt, woolly socks & fleece pull-over... it's freakin' cold here!

3. What’s for dinner?
Probably going out for Chinese if Vlad swings by for a visit.  Otherwise, I'll probably fix something exotic like grilled cheese or a spinach and cheddar cheese omelet if I'm by myself.

4. What’s the last thing you bought?
A new dryer since my old one died and I'm tired of buying new underwear just to avoid doing laundry.  It's just not cost-effective.

5. What are you listening to right now?
The snores of Hickory the Wonder Dog and the sound of the furnace clicking on repeatedly.

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Indigo is kinda nerdy, yet endlessly fascinating.  One of the most creative writers I've read!  I bet he'd be a blast to hang out with in real life...  what with all the outings to the Euthanasia Curry House and having bear and King around and all...

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Seriously?  Probably a cozy cottage on a lake somewhere.  Nothing too big or too fancy.  Just something well constructed with level walk out access to the lake.

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Flip flops, skort, t-shirt & sunglasses.

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Any warm beach with palm trees. 

10. Which language do you want to learn?
I totally messed myself up by taking Spanish and then Italian... now I can only come up with a mix of both.  So I'd probably choose something totally different, like French.

11. What’s your favourite quote?
So many to choose from.  Here's one I like....

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

or something a bit more earthy....

Nothing that a rooftop and an AK47 can't take care of.
~Janeane Garofalo in The Truth About Cats and Dogs

12. Who do you want to meet right now?
Conan O'Brien...   love that guy!  He's got a lot of class, the way he did his final sign off on The Tonight Show.

13. What is your favourite colour?
I have to choose just one?  Okay, green then.  Geesh!

14. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
I have absolutely no sense of style, so I guess I'd just have to say... shower, brush teeth, comb hair.

15. What is your dream job?
Writing integrated curriculum for primary grades from my cozy cottage on the lake.  (See number 7.)

16. What’s your favorite magazine?
Magazine?  I confess, I love reading People in the doctor's office.  (My shallow side is exposed!) 

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
$100 doesn't go very far these days.  It would probably be the most fun to use it to take some friends out to eat.

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
My entire wardrobe is a fashion faux pas.  But if I had to choose just one thing, I'd say black socks with white sneakers... I hate that!

19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
All the models wearing a size two or four... totally unrealistic and it causes so many young women to feel bad about themselves.  Shameful! 

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
Long enough to put up in a clip or pull back in a ponytail. 

21. What are you going to do after this?
Do all the laundry that's been piling up for the last two weeks.  (See # 4.)

22. What are your favourite movies?
I like watching movies to escape the drudgery of daily life.  It's my guilty pleasure.  In the action adventure category I love Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and True Lies.  (Ah-nold should really stick to making goofy movies like that instead of trying to run California.)    For chick flicks I'd say Sandra Bullock in While You Were SleepingTo Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck is my favorite classic.  

23. What inspires you?
Books like Parker Palmer's The Courage to Teach.

24. What do your friends call you most commonly?
It's weird... they keep calling me Paula and I can't figure out why.

25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
Depends... I have to have my coffee in the morning, but I also enjoy a lovely cuppa English Breakfast Tea with cream with desserts.

26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Go into "eat, sleep and watch television" mode. 

27. What makes you go wild?
I'm afraid I'm just too mild mannered to go truly wild... but I wish I could!  I really do!  I'd love to do something with wild abandon.

28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
I have a rather extensive blog roll of people who entertain and amuse me.  Besides Indigo...  Jayne Martin, Quirkloon, Nonamedufus, Otin, and iDifficult are on my MUST read list.  They always cheer me up!  And I love the caption contests...  like Me-Me, Kristen and Dufus have.

29. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Chocolate Raspberry Ganache cake

30. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
Three

31. Favorite Season?
Spring... after the long winters we have here in Upstate New York, I love the fresh, warm days of spring! 

32. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
Probably orange curry chicken. 

33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
Lock myself in my house and gorge on potato chips and Dr Pepper... I mean seriously... what else would you expect me to do?

34. What are you afraid of the most?
Seeing my child in physical or emotional pain.   Otherwise the basic "dying alone and in poverty" thing.

35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Good thing I'm not wearing my glasses, so I can't actually see how I look.

36. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
Comments!  Comments!  I love feedback!

37. A word that you say a lot?
Oh, crap!

38. What would you do if you were made President for one day?
Provide universal health care for all!

39. What is that one thing that keeps you going?
The people I love.

40. What word drives you crazy when you hear it?
Pedagogy... for some reason I find that word really annoying!


41. What's your least favourite character trait?
Jealousy... totally unbecoming!

Apparently I have to add a question of my own, and tag a new set of people. Yikes!  No wonder this is such a freakin' long list of questions!  I'm going to be bold and say, to hell with another question!  Enough is enough!  (Not to mention the fact that I can't think of a damned thing that hasn't already been asked.)

As for the newest recipients of this Long Ass List of Questions Award:

1.  The Quirkster... because I want to see how many times she'll use the words zombie and Dr Pepper in her answers.

2.  Dufus... because I do have a question #42 for him... is that really you hanging from the clothes line?

3.  Jayne... because she's a kindred spirit and has supported me through emails and tweets, as well as at the CatLady's house.

4.  Gayle... because she's been such a loyal follower over the past couple of months.


Whew!  That took awhile!  If you made it through the entire list, thank you... you're a loyal follower!  Take one of those awards for yourself if you want it!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails